[livecode] runme and things

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 09:28:39 +0100

Hi all,

The live coding workshops and performances at the runme/dorkbot citycamp
need some planning. It would be perfect if we could all be there, and
there are travel bursaries available to help make that possible.

More info and registration details: http://readme.runme.org

The plans for the festival are coming together nicely, it seems there
will be plenty of space for discussing, developing and relaxing.

Who is planning on making it? Any ideas for what we should do?

By the way I met David Toop briefly last night. He's a music
journalist, musician and author, and has just had a book published about
digital music (among other things), called "Haunted weather." I met him
after panel discussion he was leading, where quite some time was spent
pondering the problems of laptop performance... All the usual problems
were brought up, all of which we have successfully conquered to some
degree!

Anyway, I gave him a copy of the live programming article (I just got
five copies in the post), and he said he'd like to talk about it.
Apparently he is now being paid for four years to explore these issues.
A useful contact for TOPLAP, I think.

Best

alex