[livecode] Re: Future distributed ICLC?

From: Charlie Roberts <bigbadotis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2019 01:08:00 -0400

There are meaningful steps outside of a distributed conference that we
should take regardless of how this discussion continues. Carbon offset
programs (like Sarah mentioned) for major airlines flying to ICLC
destinations (including potential hubs) should be detailed on the
conference website; when carefully researched / selected these programs are
effective (although I'm willing to read arguments to the contrary).
Conference participants should be encouraged to minimize the number of legs
of their trip whenever possible. And remember, don't use the mega-dollars
from all those posh live-coding gigs you play to fly first class.

For reference, traveling from Boston to Limerick roundtrip is about fifty
USD to offset. - Charlie