Re: [livecode] Sharing costs of server etc

From: Gottfried Haider <gottfried.haider_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2018 18:05:36 +0100

Hi Alex & Malitzin,

> It's a bit different as with processing.org you donate to a
> foundation, who have an organisational structure, employees etc. With
> this it's much less organised!

Just wanted to expand on this, because I was working as a Fellow with
the Processing Foundation last year: they have a 501(c)3 non-profit
organization, but this is a relatively recent development compared to
the history of the project (non-profit status was granted in 2014).

Having this legal entity certainly helps receiving donations, and
funding activities like fellowships and the like. But it's not like
the development and maintenance work for the project is handled by
"employees" of the foundation ;) It's still rather weekends and
evenings, plus some help by organizations that sponsor folks to work
on certain aspects (like: ITP for p5.js).

Cheers,
Gohai

--
Read the whole topic here: livecode: