Re: [livecode] Livecode community

From: Eric <eric.p.fairbanks_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 20:48:22 +0100 (CET)

Gitter is great so far. It's Slack but with better syntax highlighting.

I actually don't feel like (this) Slack requires continuous attention. Maybe if it's been really active, but the "Mark unread" feature is my lifeblood and I honestly look forward to using it and the "All Unreads" to gradually grind through the message history after I've been away for some time. Perhaps it could get unwieldy as the community grows, but the diversity of channels seems to mitigate that.

I can't speak to LURK. I got in during the Slack days. Seems like some folks are gonna want to use the mailing list, some folks are going to gravitate to chat, and some people are going to use both. That seems to be the way with most communities. (replace mailing list with forum where appropriate)

It's really killing me that we don't have a history for the chat, though. I would like to get away from Slack as soon as possible unless we find some way to crowdfund a paid server. (seems not-ideal)
--
Read the whole topic here: livecode:
http://lurk.org/r/topic/4dKN2MAOKaTWXe0WNOyW0m