[livecode] [OT] Durham doctoral/masters study, potential studentships

From: Nick Collins <clicksonnil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 13:07:38 +0000

With many apologies for cross posting.

Some potential studentship opportunities below. Happy to hear from those interested in electronic music research and composition projects.

PhD and MA Studentships in Music at Durham University
Final deadline to receive a formal application to the university (earlier application is highly encouraged):
17.00 UK time, Wednesday 10 January 2018

The Department of Music invites applications from potential doctoral students and those interested in our taught MA:
https://www.dur.ac.uk/music/postgraduate/

Funding for doctorates:
For UK/EU applicants there is the AHRC-funded Northern Bridge Doctoral Training Partnership. The awards cover tuition fees and provide a maintenance grant at the RCUK national rate for UK applicants. They cover tuition fees only for EU students, but institutional funds permitting, we also expect to make maintenance awards to EU students (see also http://www.northernbridge.ac.uk/studentships/)

For international applicants there are Durham Doctoral studentships.

There are also a limited number of bursaries for masters students.

The studentship competitions are competitive, and success is linked to a strong academic background and research proposal.
https://www.dur.ac.uk/music/postgraduate/funding/

A little about my past and current doctoral students to give an idea of the things I supervise, but also happy to discuss any topics falling within my research domain:
http://composerprogrammer.com/doctoralstudents.html
--
Read the whole topic here: livecode:
http://lurk.org/r/topic/5b8UeaSRgO5TI4iIE84MOB