[livecode] Live Coding

From: nalonso <nalonso_at_csumb.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 08:00:16 +0100 (CET)

Hello all,

I was assigned this project for my Music and Computers class at California
State University Monterey Bay. I am nervous because I do not have the slightest
idea on where to start. I have an idea but I am having trouble putting in down
on paper. I want a dub inspired sound for this. Can anyone give any suggestions
? I have to perform this.

Thank you.

-Nayeli Alonso

Algorave Project

Objectives

In this assignment, we hope to:

—interrogate the potentials of the laptop and web browser as musical
instruments.

—compose and perform an original work of electronic music.

—participate in and analyze the emerging tradition of live coding in electronic
music.
▼ Rest of post

1. Prepare a 3-5-minute live coding performance in which you use each of the
following Gibber functionalities at least once:

tempo change (can be fixed (Clock.bpm) or relative (Clock.rate))

global or local change of musical scale

global change in register

global change in amplitude

pitch sequencing (notes or chords)

rhythm sequencing

audiovisual mapping

stereo panning

ADSR

at least one LFO (see audio basics tutorials)

real-time sequence shifting (sequencedDimension.values)

timbral change (via preset change, modulation, or effects)

Don’t forget that removing sound can be as effective as adding more.
--
Read the whole topic here: livecode:
http://lurk.org/r/topic/2Y1B5W4oUOZ5X4Uthzq5N2