Re: [livecode] streaming performances to a concert hall

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 19:23:53 +0000

You'd want to use the Google Hangouts on-air for the 'studio mode' or
whatever it's called, that gives you reasonable quality stereo audio.

I think RTMP is the way to go though these days, using watchpeoplecode
or youtube live. Using a streaming server and OBS means no firewall
problems, and plenty of backup options. You have complete control over
audio and video quality.. Be sure to set the FPS low. I don't really
see a disadvantage of using a streaming server. If you want to set up
a private server then you can do it with nginx.

I almost always have problems with skype..

I used to use icecast server and gstreamer client but it was never
perfect. OBS seems to be a really good piece of software.

cheerio

alex

http://yaxu.org/
--