Re: [livecode] Wtf is live coding?

From: Saul Albert <s.albert_at_qmul.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 11:56:49 +0000

On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 08:52:34AM +0000, David Barbour wrote:
> If you control a squadron of killer robots, you certainly have an audience.
> They just aren't intended to appreciate it.
>
> For performance, an audience forges a relationship to the real world, real
> risks for fumbling, real rewards for success. But the live coder's
> experience is similar when it's some other relationship keeping things real.

How much genuine mileage is there in a definitional discussion without a
specific practice that people can point at and say "that's live coding".

If you are a live coder, could you post what you think constitutes an
uncontroversial example of live coding in action? If it makes sense for
that example, I'd be interested in a video of live coding that would be
clearly recognisable as such in a matter-of-fact to the people involved
in the experience, and where those people are visible to the camera.

Cheers,

Saul

--
phone: +44(0)7941255210 / +44(0)2071007915
skype:saulalbert | _at_saul | http://saulalbert.net