Re: [livecode] Blender as a live performance interface

From: Fredrik Olofsson <f_at_fredrikolofsson.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 11:17:52 +0100

reminded me of a discussion on the max/jitter mailing list years ago…

vade, 10apr, 2006… discussing tools for vj-ing...

"Last night had the pleasure to watch my friend Ilan play a set with Photoshop. Fucking incredible. He knows his tools so very well, and just made it dance and sing all while playing live. Im not sure what my point is here exactly, but a good craftsman doesnt blame his tools. Some craftsmen build their own, but it simply comes down to knowing your tools in and out, being able to anticipate, and generally having your shit together.”

the friend mentioned i guess is...
http://www.ilankatin.com

so, yea, there are people around doing 'live drawing' and to me it very much resembles live coding.
_f

> 27 mar 2015 kl. 19:55 skrev Antonio Roberts <antonio_at_hellocatfood.com>:
>
> At the recent Computer Club Algorave in Sheffield I, as usual, used
> Pure Data to live code some visuals. Between sets when no performers
> were on I started making some abstract shapes in Blender to use later
> in PD. I showed this in the projection and the audience seemed
> strangely attracted to this.
>
> This got me thinking, are there links between live drawing (e.g.
> Secret Walls events) and livecoding? It's an approach I'd happily
> incorporate into my visuals (displaying the creation of textures etc)
> but is this perhaps taking the comparisons too far?
>
> --
> antonio_at_hellocatfood.com
> http://www.hellocatfood.com

  #|
     fredrikolofsson.com musicalfieldsforever.com

--
Read the whole topic here: livecode:
http://lurk.org/r/topic/4n9GHUs0zTw1hzSWhcTIbo