[livecode] Live coding conference templates

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 00:27:21 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

I got some enthusiastic responses to the idea of providing markdown templates for the live coding conference. This would make it straightforward to produce the proceedings in a form designed for the web, as well as print, which is a major plus.

However, so far I've had less enthusiasm for testing out the templates I've now made. Maybe I'm asking the wrong questions.. But I need some help!

Here's what I have so far:
  https://github.com/livecodenetwork/iclc/tree/master/templates

You can download as a zip here:
  https://github.com/livecodenetwork/iclc/archive/master.zip

Please consider them alpha, I'm not confident on releasing them as they are.

If you can spare some time trying out the markdown template and letting me know:

- If you're new to markdown, does this make sense? What's unclear and what would help to make it clearer?

- If you're experienced with markdown, how does this fit with your expectations? What editor / workflow etc would you recommend a beginner? Any websites that helped you learn?

If there's less interest than I thought, I'll revert to the usual PDF only approach via the usual conference Word and LaTeX templates that get passed around. If you'd actually prefer that, let me know as well.

Cheers

Read the whole topic here: livecode:
http://lurk.org/r/topic/3sihU8SYCFMndRf3gUp9SK