[livecode] Previewing samples in Ubuntu

From: Anny <anny_at_by-anny.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 14:35:13 +0200 (CEST)

As I mentioned in another topic, I recently bought a couple of issues of Computer Music (CM209 and CMUS69) to get my hands on a bunch of cheap WAV samples... over 28,000 of them, allegedly!

I've downloaded the lot, but I'm having trouble previewing them effectively - I want to maintain the original directory structure, at least until I decide which ones I actually want to use, which makes it tricky to get them into Tidal for preview. I'm using symlinks at the moment, but it's tedious constantly tab-completing in a separate Terminal window to get them into my samples directory.

Can anyone recommend a good lightweight 'library' type application for Linux that might enable me to easily browse these samples and preview them one by one rather than loading them straight into Tidal?

Worst case scenario I might have to just make a web-based browser!...

Thanks
--
Read the whole topic here: livecode:
http://lurk.org/r/topic/3ef4HJz1ATOhnNTYdvssot