Re: [livecode] livecoding and gestural control

From: Konstantinos Vasilakos <k.vasilakos_at_keele.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 12:17:18 +0000

Hi Marije, thanks for that, this looks very interesting. I have also done
something in the same fashion, working with controllers and combining live
coding means to change the mapping and range specs of the communication in
real time. What I found less supporting to the whole is that it can be a
bit distractive, especially to the theatrical aspect that gestural
performance provides if at some point you stop play and sit down to type in
your computer. It actually interrupts the flow of the
theatricality/dramaturgy. I guess you try to eliminate that by using a
recorder/looper of the gesture to overcome this (?). I have also used a
(CtLooper) and somehow this seems a nice strategy to implement for this
kind of pieces. I am wondering what's your findings/opinion in this matter.

Thanks

Best
K.