Re: [livecode] Source Code Change Propagation

From: Davide Della Casa <davidedc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 16:05:45 +0100

Hi Alex,

yes I like that I can tell a kid "type 'box' and see what happens" and I'm done with the first explanation, I think it's less cognitive load for the user.

Also I love that I can tweak the numbers and things change immediately - it's a sort of "value scrubbing" (which in fact I would like to put in place if I had the time, which ain't gonna happen in the current life).

It's true, one has to design the language to avoid the tricky-prefixes situation, but it's not that difficult. A temporary side effect that lasts the duration of a keystroke is rarely catastrophic. Sloppy behaviour is OK, my mantra is "we are not building autocad".

Also, I kind of like the idea that I get the "by word" behaviour as a subset of the mechanism already in place, there is something self-indulgingly elegant in that.

Cheers,