Re: [livecode] The Many Faces of a Temporal Recursion

From: James McCartney <asynth_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 09:54:50 -0600

SuperCollider version 2 used this method of scheduling in the Spawn object. I have since found I prefer more declarative ways of dealing with time.

Also, SuperCollider version 1 modeled unit generators as closures resulting in code that looks nearly the same as Extempore. I found the pattern of having to separately create and then call the unit generator to be tedious and redundant, so I switched to encapsulating them in objects in SuperCollider version 2. Unit generators then need only appear once in an expression.

James McCartney --- iPhone