Re: [livecode] a paper on live programming

From: Julian Rohrhuber <julian.rohrhuber_at_musikundmedien.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 21:55:36 +0200

Even without introducing lived experience (whatever this may actually imply), any discovery must involve some "rewriting of the past", as foundational assumptions must be reinterpreted in new light. The resulting incommensurable situation is what I usually call "algorithmic complementarity" now. I think reducing the problem to offline debugging is just an intuitive attempt to keep the situation simple. Of course all the interesting stuff happens within the incommensurabilities of manifold time, may it be proxied, knitted or recursed.