Re: [livecode] is live coding aiming to audience with particular programming knowledge

From: David Barbour <dmbarbour_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 09:32:57 -0800

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 9:16 AM, alex <alex_at_lurk.org> wrote:

> I forgot to finish this paragraph in my semantic rage.

I was wondering about :)

> I meant to say there is huge scope for small programs. You can express
> a great deal in a few lines, and there's a lot to do in making
> end-user programming a better experience. This is a very different
> problem space from making software engineering a better experience, or
> at least it's a very different kind of software engineering.

I agree. I recently discussed the notion of tweet-sized programs in my
article on pen and paper programming [1]. And I'm very interested in how
programs can be formed from mixing together lots of ingredients [2]. There
is an important space for programming-by-combination that *cannot* be
readily addressed by an app-store (due to number of possible combinations
being too high).

[1]
http://awelonblue.wordpress.com/2012/10/26/ubiquitous-programming-with-pen-and-paper/
[2] http://awelonblue.wordpress.com/2012/09/12/stone-soup-programming/