Re: [livecode] is live coding aiming to audience with particular programming knowledge

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 01:49:07 +0100

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 12:27:06AM +0000, alex wrote:
> On 12 January 2013 19:39, David Barbour <dmbarbour_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > I would ask a question in return: who should be a programmer? Are user
> > interfaces not, in many formal senses, live programming in a problem/domain
> > specific languages?
>
> Yes and its not so unusual for user interfaces to be Turing complete
> by accident.
>
> I got talked out of considering Turing completeness as necessarily in
> live programming after bringing it up on this list. The strong family
> resemblances between use of languages on either side of this
> theoretical divide makes it unimportant here.

I'd like to -in the name of being deliberately provocative- point out
that I am not at all interested in being able to solve all solvable
problems in this case, and far more interested in being able to
express all emotions I might feel at the time.

This is admittedly selfish (though I also feel all others should have
the same possibility) but closer to how I intuitively perceive
livecoding than mr. Turing's work. Then again, if anyone ran into the
problem of being able to express himself...

;-)
Kas.