Re: [livecode] is live coding aiming to audience with particular programming knowledge

From: Konstantinos Vasilakos <konstantinos.vasilakos_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 14:00:37 +0000

2013/1/13 Ross Bencina <rossb-lists_at_audiomulch.com>:
> My first thought was (6) (programming as a medium through which to express
> music to an audience).

 Really fancy the whole discussion here, and I agree with the most I
have heard here, and most with the above, In my humble use of live
coding, and in a higher level of what live coding is concerning the
idea of exposing it to an audience, someone could argue that
livecoding is a "logical" extension of live electronics. Obviously not
100% proximal with Stockhausen's "Mikrophonie I" but more with the
idea of hacking devices on stage. MEV et 'al.

Now, living in a post digital era where computer consists of the
extension of the mind and the body and not just a tool where someone
writes generic functions, provide the way to do that. Without having
any intention to underestimate other musical acts like live hacking of
sounding objects and other electromechanical means.
If someone agrees then, undeniably live coding consists of a new
performance and "inevitably" a listening's paradigm.
Is in the audience choice then, either he will stick on the flow of
the programming craftsmanship a performer may have or he will just
enjoy the music of it.

Thanks
K.