Re: [livecode] is live coding aiming to audience with particular programming knowledge

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 15:30:57 +0100

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 11:11:46PM +1100, Ross Bencina wrote:
> >PD is a Turing complete language anyway..
>
> Indeed. However David gave the example of Pd being used without
> conditional logic.

Conditional logic may be implied in normal synthesis modules.

For example a amplifier (multiplier) will potentially act as a
conditional gate or logic "and". Combined with a constant set to -1
you get a negation. A feedback loop on a S&H, combined with the
negation we just build nets you a flipflop, being a single bit of
memory.

At that point all you need is a budget, a football field and
patience with monotonous tasks. Lacking those you can ask nicely to
AMD or Intel to do it for you, that will save time, money and
especially space but they'll basically do the exact same thing for
you.

Yours,
Kas.