Re: [livecode] is live coding aiming to audience with particular programming knowledge

From: Konstantinos Vasilakos <k.vasilakos_at_keele.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 12:33:11 +0000

Hello, following up my recent thread, I gave yesterday an insight of the
work I am doing these days. Students seem to be interested nowadays more
and more on this characteristic of the laptop performance (the only concern
for them is the learning of the language). Which might look as a threat for
them on stage. From educative side I think live coding is growing more and
more.

A (good) sign of the times.

Regardless of their knowledge they stare at the screen, and try to decode
(might just by curiosity) what they see, nevertheless, they seem to be
interested to look at it even not having the slightest idea of what is
going on. Instead of the "obscurant" codes for them, I think they
(audience) enjoy more than just seeing someone with glowing face and turn
knobs on stage ( which this might carry other qualities) without having any
connection of what he is doing. This is already a step for the audience to
grasp with even not understanding it.

Thanks
K.