Re: [livecode] is live coding aiming to audience with particular programming knowledge

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 14:40:07 +0100

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 12:33:11PM +0000, Konstantinos Vasilakos wrote:
> Regardless of their knowledge they stare at the screen, and try to decode
> (might just by curiosity) what they see, nevertheless, they seem to be
> interested to look at it even not having the slightest idea of what is
> going on.

Is this really something that has to do with students or code? In my
experience screens simply draw attention. Last week I was having a
meeting about building a installation and had to quickly demo
something on my screen. Afterwards I noticed both me and my discussion
partner kept looking sideways to the screen, normal discussion
resumed after I simply switched it off.

This isn't a issue to TOPLAP where we want screens to draw attention,
but something to be aware of. I wonder whether this will persist once
screens get a (far) higher refresh-rate.

Yours,
Kas.