Re: [livecode] is live coding aiming to audience with particular programming knowledge

From: David Barbour <dmbarbour_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 13:17:03 -0800

> In general no. Most user interfaces are not, in any formal sense,
> programming languages.
> To be a programming language you need Turing completeness.

Oh? Eight years studying PL and that's the first I've heard of this
significant restriction. I better go tell the Agda, Idris, Coq, Funloft,
Synchrone, and Charity people that they've got it all wrong.

But them SQL guys got it right. SQL's been Turing complete since 1998. Oh,
and it seems CSS+HTML is also Turing complete (even without JavaScript).