Re: [livecode] family tree of languages for live coding

From: Konstantinos Vasilakos <k.vasilakos_at_keele.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 12:46:42 +0000

>We could also theorise that all of them borrow a lot from the
>principles used in analogue modular synths, which in turn borrow from
>the old analogue computer systems.

This is something I wrote and actually I was afraid of being or not being
"dogmatic" (the way people use this word in different countries confuses
me), anyways.

But saying this seems is as valid as in the extent of the philosophy and
ethos of live coding.

I believe that live coding emerges from the tradition of live electronics
and analogue synths, basically the idea of changing things on the fly and
tweak those until you make something interesting (with total Improvisation
at fore).

Thanks
K.