Re: [livecode] live 2013

From: Ross Bencina <rossb-lists_at_audiomulch.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 23:55:02 +1100

On 8/01/2013 11:26 PM, alex wrote:
> This looks good:
> http://liveprogramming.github.com/2013/

The closed access publication requirement is a complete non-starter:

"""Closed-Access Submissions: Research papers (4 pages) that present
novel research ideas and early results; and position papers (2 pages)
that raise open issues with the potential to stimulate discussion at the
workshop. Papers are peer-reviewed by the program committee and will be
published behind the paywall of ICSE's academic publisher. If you are a
scholar looking for a traditional publication, this is your submission
format."""

What if you're a scholar looking for a modern open access publication?

Half a mark for full disclosure though.

Is "live programming" something different from "live coding"?

> However, I'm not happy with the separation between software
> engineering and creative practice, this seems a false dichotomy to me.

Well at least we can categorically say that engineers are not artists
and should be entirely disqualified from participation ;)

Ross.