[livecode] live 2013

From: alex <alex_at_lurk.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 12:26:53 +0000

Hi all,

This looks good:
  http://liveprogramming.github.com/2013/

However, I'm not happy with the separation between software
engineering and creative practice, this seems a false dichotomy to me.

I'm not sure if any of them are lurking here, but the organisers are
happy to take suggestions of better wording etc. Does anyone have time
to share opinions and/or suggested wording?

In general I think it would be better if they lost the live coding /
live programming distinction (they've always been used
interchangeably, both in a/v performance and software engineering
contexts). And acknowledged the long history of development of live
coding/programming in terms of software engineering and computer
science, and that the last decade of software engineering research in
this area has been lead by arts practitioners.

Best wishes,

alex