Re: [livecode] Toplap in NYC

From: Jason Freeman <mail_at_jasonfreeman.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 21:27:46 -0400

Not to add one more message to an overly long thread here, but I am on the list, and I see my name mentioned…

I think Al is referring to a series of live coding performances in chuck I did back in 2007 in various locales, one of which was in New York, and one of which (in Atlanta) was a collaboration with Liubo Borissov, who did live coding to transform the projection of my screen (of my live coding), mapping my keystrokes and mouse movements to image manipulations.

I don't spend much of any time in NYC any more, so I can't advise on the original question, except to suggest pinging the excellent folks at various computer music research centers in the city (e.g. Tae Hong Park at NYU, Douglas Repetto and Brad Garton at Columbia, Luke Dubois at NYU Poly, or out to Princeton to touch base with Jeff Snyder, Dan Trueman, and Rebecca Fiebrink) for pointers to the locus of current activity. I'm sure there's stuff going on of interest.

--Jason