Re: [livecode] Hello, List

From: alex <alex_at_lurk.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 19:49:45 +0100

Hi Nancy,

I use gstreamer for that.

My various twiddles are here:
  https://github.com/yaxu/screencast

castavi.sh is good for recording both audio and video in sync. It
takes the audio feed from jack.
grabscreen.sh seems like it would just grab the video, no audio.

In both cases you'll want to adjust the screens for window size and
location.. To get those run xwininfo and click on the window you want
to capture.

There's other things I made in C in there, that do stuff like capture
audio and video, superimpose text from an irc channel, and send to a
remote icecast streaming server. Good for network performances.
Gstreamer is fiddly but when you get everything in the right order
it's really good. There are probably GUI front ends for a lot of the
functionality these days..

I haven't used any of this for a while so let me know if you get problems.

Hope your Brighton performance went well!

Best wishes,

alex