Re: [livecode] toplap cd 1

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 21:22:51 +0100

On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 11:29:06AM -0800, Charlie Roberts wrote:
> Where can I get this?

Alex was offering them for sale or trade. He may stil have some.

> I got scolded by Curtis Roads for not being able
> to speak with any authority about Ron Kuivila's 1985 performance when
> I was presenting a new live coding environment I'm working on.
>
> I seek to avoid scoldings. Thanks for any info. - Charlie

Presumably mr. Roads also demands that we read up on the invention of
the wheel before we get into skateboarding? You'll be scolded anyway,
I don't think you can do anything on a stage of sufficient size that
some people won't hate. On the bright side others will love it so I
suggest you do what you like.

> PS - As a side note, for those who have not read it, here is an
> excerpt from Curtis' amusing (in retrospect) review of the concert in
> the CMJ:
>
> "Ron Kuivila programmed an Apple II computer onstage to create dense,
> whirling, metric sounds that layered in and folded over each other.
> Considering the equipment used, the sounds were often surprisingly
> gigantic in scale. Kuivila had trouble controlling the piece due to
> system problems. He finally gave in to technical difficulties and
> ended the performance. The reality is that personalized, homegrown
> hardware and software, for all the freedom of expression they can
> afford, are especially subject to flakiness."

Not a bad review at all! :-)

Yours,
Kas.