Re: [livecode] more great videos

From: alex <alex_at_lurk.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 13:55:52 +0000

Hi all,

Yes I think a central hub run by us, but with automatic feeds going to
facebook, twitter, identica, etc would work well. Nothing too fancy,
just an easy way for people to share their events, software releases
and other news. I don't think it needs to hold too much information
beyond a news feed, it can link to language specific sites for that.

When community resources like wikis work, it *looks* like they emerge
from a decentralised community effort, but actually Ayn Rand is wrong,
and it's actually large amounts of hard, selfless work by a few
individuals that makes them a success. :) So a semi-/group-curated
thing is fine by me, as long as as all the live coding environments
are properly represented.

I propose we make toplap.org into some kind of blog fronted thing,
with the existing wiki part of it. Al has already offered to help
out, Scott it would be great if we could work out a nice way of
integrating the videos you've collected as well. We should probably
take this off-list, if anyone wants to join us please drop me a note.

cheers

alex

p.s. Thanks very much for all the thesis good wishes!