Re: [livecode] embedding languages/parsers

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 17:21:00 +0100

On 31/12/2011, Tom Betts <tom_at_nullpointer.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Gang,
>

> Im wondering how best to implement a language inside a gui type system
> My instinct is to basically make my own language/description and then
> parse everything myself

Aside from the mentioned Lua a option might be a Scheme implementation
suitable for embedding like Guile.
Scheme is used for this kind of thing with some regularity (for
example in CAD programs) and the syntax of your system need not be
Scheme; Scheme has facilities for implementing new languages in it's
syntax, it's been called "a domain speciffic language for creating
domain speciffic languages".

How much fun that would be depends on how much you like Lispy
languages, some do, others don't and both camps can be quite outspoken
:¬).

Yours,
Kas.