[livecode] embedding languages/parsers

From: Tom Betts <tom_at_nullpointer.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 13:36:48 +0000

Hi Gang,

and an early happy new year to you all.
My question is...

Im wondering how best to implement a language inside a gui type system
My instinct is to basically make my own language/description and then
parse everything myself
(my Environment will be built in c#/c++, but the scripting i would
like to be available to users only needs to be very simple)
But I suddently wondered if people are just embedding other exisiting
scripting languages within other software via some sort
of already available interpreter/parses? I mean obviously there woudl
be a lot of a langauage (system calls) that wouldnt be useable
in my environment, but also there would need to be new specific
function calls etc that do relate to the environment.

Anybody had any dealisng with this sort of approach?

Ta

Tom Betts
www.nullpointer.co.uk