Re: [livecode] Cyclic revision control

From: Jeff Rose <rosejn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 17:19:03 +0200

Very cool idea. I've been bummed after live-coding sessions to have
lost some of the places the code had gone, so I completely agree with
you. As a first draft, I just hacked up a bash script that will do
the job in linux. Install the inotify tools:

sudo apt-get install inotify-tools

Then for each session make a git project:

mkdir jam
cd jam
git init
touch session.clj
hack-watch session.clj

Then in another terminal edit session.clj. (Or whatever you named the
file.) Each time the file is saved the hack-watch script will add and
commit it to the git repository. With this data it should be possible
to create replays, timelines, etc. Not sure how to transform it into
polar coordinates though :-)

Cheers,
Jeff