[livecode] LICK - Löve Interactive Coding Kit

From: Juan Gabriel Alzate Romero <rukano_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 21:10:02 +0100

Hi,

I just read the other mail from alex showing M.A.D. and I really liked it, beacuse it seems simple and powerful. I am NOT the Jon Romero of M.A.D., although my name sounds similar... but I've been working with a friend also on a simple library for graphics wirtten in Lua, adapting the whole löve (http://love2d.org/) graphics library and putting it with an easier and shorter syntax and focusing on simplicity and easy of use. We also have written osc functionality (without relying on dependencies and compiled libraries) and some classes to treat graphics as objects, and also a basic SCSynth class for sending messages directly to scsynth.

We are still writing the basics and figuring out what works better (first performance this friday was ok, but still some bugs to clear). So... maybe some of you or Lua gurus might like the project and also help on developing this... ?

We are aware or LuaAV, but it was too much for our purpose. Löve has some simple functions, and a physics engine which we are also trying to make it easier to use on a live performance.

Anyway, if someone is interested, the library is subject to a lot of changes, and we might have to rewrite some stuff... Proof of concept is coming soon (when we get the video of the performance and a short screencast) but now I saw this M.A.D. thing and we thought it would be nice just to tell you what we are doing. Here is "the thing" in github:

https://github.com/headchant/LICK

cheers,
Juan