Re: [livecode] lmrfrms

From: alex <alex_at_lurk.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:46:09 +0000

Hi Laurens,

For me the live painting & live patching combo was *really* strong, it
meant I could look at the patch as a painting, and also the reverse,
seeing the painting as a structure. It was funny in the video that we
didn't see you Laurens, just your large screen in the centre. What
did the audience see, was it more equal between the three
electronics/synth/code performers? For me, looking at the video, it
makes it seem like the code comes from another world, and the painter
is then grounding it in our world, like Wendy Darling sewing the
shadow back on to Peter Pan's shoes. Then the wobbling screen at one
point makes it seem like the code is trying to escape. Or maybe I
haven't drunk enough coffee today :)

If you haven't already I recommend also watching Husk's video from
Piksel that Luca posted before:
  http://piksel.blip.tv/file/4520668/

It might be a little difficult to see in the video but it is another
example of live coding referring to something outside of itself, in
this case a so called `peace wall' is built around the patch.
Watching it felt very 'real'. It's the equivalent of a singer singing
words as well as melody, I think.

These two performances are very different, but somehow gave me the
same sensation of an `opening out' of the perception of code outside
itself.

cheers

alex

--