Re: [livecode] live coding

From: Till Bovermann <tboverma_at_techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 16:18:19 +0200

Hello,

I am Till Bovermann. I currently work as a researcher in Tangible and Auditory Interfaces (TAI) at MediaLab Helsinki.
My connection to Live Coding is very tight, but currently more as a tool to rapidly prototype controls and sounds for Sonification and TAIs.
Every once in a while, though, I do (mostly private) live coding sessions in which I try to not focus on a specific outcome at first hand, but drift around, slowly.
At some point, I had the pleasure to play with some members of the Powerbooks unplugged in a concert-like environment (actually at the last SC Symposium in Berlin), it was great fun and an experience that I do not want to miss. Actually, I'd love to do more into this direction, however, Helsinki is not exactly the place where livecoders hang a round in bunches...

Btw. my tool of choice is SuperCollider (as you might have guessed already).

cheers and thanx for opening that thread, it means a lot for me to read through it
        Till

http://tangibleauditoryinterfaces.de/

btw. there is an open call for works:
http://tangibleauditoryinterfaces.de/index.php/4for8/