Re: [livecode] live coding

From: Graham Wakefield <wakefield_at_mat.ucsb.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 00:13:05 -0800

Hallo

Graham, from UK, presently residing in USA (Santa Barbara). Guilty of being male. And of building babelisms [1]. Entranced years ago with the wonder of sound and the strangeness of automation, but never satisfied with their intersections. I love the idea of constructing systems that continue to change, instead of as a means to an end. And I love the ways our immediate sensual and intellectual experiences can be massively enriched through complex, responsive, reflexive processes. Recently been playing with run-time compilation to make live programming feasible within a unfeasibly large immersive environment [2] - though probably a lot of that live programming will be generative...

So lovely to hear of live coders in all corners of the world! Entirely nice.

[1] http://lua-av.mat.ucsb.edu/blog/
[2] http://www.allosphere.ucsb.edu/