Re: [livecode] live coding

From: Dan S <danstowell+toplap_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 14:48:43 +0000

Hi all -

Great thread, thanks for the introductions. I'm Dan and I beatbox and
livecode. I'm a researcher at the Centre for Digital Music in London
(day-job research project currently not related to livecoding; but
thinking about future projects...)

For me both beatboxing and livecoding achieve similar things, and
that's why I like them both: ways to improvise live with access to a
massive range of timbres, rhythms, structures. Both of them are things
I found after years of frustration with more mainstream interfaces (hw
or sw), which for me often end up becoming restrictive because it
feels like their bandwidth is unnecessarily restricted by arbitrary
things like how many buttons are on the box or how many rectangles can
fit on a screen.

Dan