Re: [livecode] live coding

From: David Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 10:28:06 +0200

Hi all,

Sorry I'm late as well. I enjoy livecoding, in fact I have no idea how
to do a performance in any other way :) I often perform with Alex and
Ade in slub and have recently started trying some things with Till
Bovermann (so there are at least two of us in Helsinki). I work with
Gabor Papp on Fluxus, although not nearly as much as I'd like to at the
moment.

I'm currently interested in the connections between livecoding and
machinima (making films in realtime with game engines) and designing
strange languages and environments specifically for livecoding. I
encourage all livecoders to try designing their own languages!

The act of programming to me currently seems inconsistent, downright
broken and primitive compared to what might be possible. I have a hope
that things we do surrounding livecoding could maybe contribute to
fixing this situation and make computation more malleable for everyone
involved.

cheers,

dave