[livecode] Psychology of Programming Interest Group, 18th-19th April 2011, Sheffield UK

From: alex <alex_at_lurk.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 16:23:27 +0000

Hi all,

Here's a call just out for a PPIG meeting. Will be a lot of fun, and
is in my home town of Sheffield -- it would be great to entertain some
live coders here!

CALL FOR EXTENDED ABSTRACTS

PPIG Work-in-Progress Meeting 18-19 April 2011

Invitation to submit extended abstracts - deadline 18th March

The Psychology of Programming Group (PPIG) invites abstracts for its
7th Work-in-Progress meeting, to be held at the Communication and
Computing Research Centre in Sheffield Hallam University (UK).

The PPIG work-in-progress workshop is a forum in which researchers at
all levels can present and discuss current work and recent results,
findings and developments. The intention is to help researchers by
encouraging constructive suggestions for taking their work forward.

Despite its title, PPIG is interested not only in psychology of
programming and software engineering, but also in psychological
aspects of related activities. Indeed, a feature of the PPIG workshops
has always been their openness to a wide spectrum of concerns:
principally related to programming and software engineering, from the
design of programming languages to communication issues in software
teams, and from computing education to high-performance professional
practice, but also related to other domains with similar concerns.
Recent events have touched on learning mathematical formalisms,
creativity and digital design, understanding websites, and live coding
in the laptop music world. Similarly, PPIG entertains a broad spectrum
of research approaches, from theoretical perspectives drawing on
psychological and social theory to empirical perspectives grounded in
real-world experience. We have open minds if you think we might be
interested, try us.

Experienced researchers and practitioners, as well as doctoral
students, are equally invited to submit an abstract. Although the
abstract need not describe completed work, the work described should
be aiming to produce scientific output of publishable quality.

Conference is located at Sheffield Hallam city campus in walking
distance of the railway station and in centre of the city. We look
forward to finding out about your ongoing work and seeing you at the
meeting.

Details

Extended abstracts are expected to be no more than two pages,
following an academic format.

More details are on the WIP PPIG 2011 pages
http://extra.shu.ac.uk/crr/wip_ppig_2011/