Re: [livecode] live coding

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 16:39:53 +0100

On 17 February 2011 15:54, Renick Bell <renick_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello. I'm Renick. I live in Tokyo. I got interested in live coding
> after reading about Alex on Slashdot years ago, but it took some time
> to develop enough skills to be able to try it myself.

I remember that. I think that post might perhaps not be a huge event for
livecoding itself but it probably was a turning point for the community. It
certainly got me interested as well.

> There is a short video of it in use here:
>
> http://renickbell.net/conductive/video/conductive-demo-101229.ogv

Cool! Is that a tiling window-manager, at the end? Those make a lot of
sense, for livecoding, I feel. Stuff like the miniAudicle or Fluxus + a
terminal for Fluxa + a terminal for fluxus errors feel right at home.

I should probably try your system, because xmonad has been a nice Haskell
gateway-drug so far, but I'm suffering from a lack of hours per day. please
keep me posted on progress.

Kas.