Re: [livecode] time sync in live coding workshops

From: alex <alex_at_lurk.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 15:54:51 +0000

Hi Patrick,

That's great! Does it still rely on system clocks being in sync via
ntp or similar? Or does it do that itself? It seems to do that
looking at the code, but I can't really read sclang.

I guess bad wifi will always be a problem for time sync, impressive
that you got it robust on any kind of wifi really.

It would be good to either make it peer to peer, where the master
clock is negotiated, or have a daemon that is implemented in C with
minimal dependencies. My stuff is all dependent on supercollider at
the moment which makes it a bit trickier to package/get working.

alex

--
http://yaxu.org/