Re: [livecode] time sync in live coding workshops

From: Patrick Borgeat <patrick_at_borgeat.de>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 16:45:25 +0100

Hi there,

No proposal for a standard but I thought I let you all know, if
somebody wants to try it out:

We coded our own sync/communication system for SuperCollider (see
MandelClock). It's good and robust on a decent WiFi (or LAN) but
sometimes wents a bit crazy on a bad WiFi. We use it a lot at the
moment.

One thing a band has to do though is to adjust Server latencies,
(s.latency) to compensate for different audio drivers and stuff. Just
fire up m.metro and adjust the latencies till every player sounds in
sync.

cheers,
Patrick