[livecode] Lemuriformes

From: Laurens van der Wee <l.vanderwee_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 19:38:25 +0800

Hi list,

I would like to advertise for a collaborative performance that will
take place on December 14th at Proeflokaal, Theater Kikker, Utrecht,
The Netherlands.

Lemuriformes is a collaboration where live coding, live painting and
sonic art are coming together in one performance. Coding is done in
Max 4, because of its graphic quality and more specific looks compared
to 5. We hope to set up a triangular relationship between the three
involved disciplines: incoming sound is transformed by the patch that
is coded, the code will interfere with the graphical output of the
visual artist, the whole artistic output will (hopefully) inspire us
on the fly in our creative process (it's improvisational after all).
In terms of live coding, this project is concerned with:
1] the role of the graphical properties of coding in performance;
2] live coding in collaborative performances in general;
3] live coding as a means of sound transformation rather than synthesis;
4] additional questions... please contribute!
With: Julie Dassaud (live painting), Eliad Wagner (synths), Roel van
Doorn (circuit bending), Laurens van der Wee (live coding).

Hope you find it interesting, will post a link to a video later.

laurens.