Re: [livecode] new Ruby (or C) synthesis framework

From: Evan Buswell <ebuswell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 09:58:55 -0700

I haven't set up an email list yet, but I'll try to do that today, and
let y'all know. It's weird that github doesn't have email lists, or
maybe I just haven't found them.

I'll bet the error is cause I left out the part about needing
libsndfile: you need libsndfile. There's only one thing that uses it,
but I haven't made ./configure very smart yet. Also, Ubuntu is a
pain, as it has no jack-2 package, and pretty much every audio package
depends on jack-1. I can send a diff for ubuntu-debianizing jack-2.
Maybe I should set up a ppa, though I have no idea how to do that.

A Scheme and Python front-end would be fantastic. The way it's set
up, that should be pretty easy to implement; the stuff in
ruby/cshellsynth/extra.rb is the only ruby-specific code, other than a
fairly simple linkage. Let me know what you need and we'll make this
happen.

Evan