Re: [livecode] new Ruby (or C) synthesis framework

From: Vilson Vieira <vilson_at_void.cc>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 14:37:19 -0300

2010/8/5 Evan Buswell <ebuswell_at_gmail.com>

> I haven't set up an email list yet, but I'll try to do that today, and
> let y'all know. It's weird that github doesn't have email lists, or
> maybe I just haven't found them.

Yep, it's a pain, maybe use google groups is a good start point.

> I'll bet the error is cause I left out the part about needing
> libsndfile: you need libsndfile. There's only one thing that uses it,
> but I haven't made ./configure very smart yet.

I've installed libsndfile but the error persists: it's on atomic-double.h
file... http://paste.lisp.org/display/113224

> Also, Ubuntu is a
> pain, as it has no jack-2 package, and pretty much every audio package
> depends on jack-1. I can send a diff for ubuntu-debianizing jack-2.
> Maybe I should set up a ppa, though I have no idea how to do that.

Agreed! It would be great to debianize jack-2! Maybe we could work together
on that.

> A Scheme and Python front-end would be fantastic. The way it's set
> up, that should be pretty easy to implement; the stuff in
> ruby/cshellsynth/extra.rb is the only ruby-specific code, other than a
> fairly simple linkage. Let me know what you need and we'll make this
> happen.

Perfect! I take a look at extra.rb and other C files doing the Ruby linkage.
I never used Ruby before (just for simple works using Rails) so I need to
learn how this linking was done, then I could think in a way to replicate it
to Python/Scheme. I'll need your help certanly! :-)

All the best.

--
Vilson Vieira
vilson_at_void.cc