Re: [livecode] good wiki style software?

From: Michal Seta <mis_at_artengine.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 09:18:16 -0400

Hi Tom,

Since about a month, maybe a little more, I started using org-mode with emacs.
http://orgmode.org/
If you are familiar with the emacs editor, I recommend it. It took me
about a day to set up (read most of the tutorials and experiment with
what I thought was the best organization for me). If you have never
used emacs the learning curve will be a little steeper.

Org-mode makes life easier because it keeps text files in one folder
and keeps track of a lot of things for you (calendars, todo lists,
meeting/research notes, etc.) You can even clock the time you work on
various things, time stamp, etc. Together with the remember mode in
emacs it really is great. There even is a tutorial on how to setup
the org-remember with firefox so that you can easily save links or
text from webpages into your org-mode system.

org-mode lets you export your text files to html, latex (and therefore
.ps, .pdf etc but I have not tried this yet) so it is easy to massage
your stuff into some kind of publication medium when the need arises.

./MiS