Re: [livecode] nominated for deletion on wikipedia

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 14:29:16 +0100

Alex;
 If

> we end up with an article based on original research peppered with
> 'citation needed' we can just submit the article to a journal to
> manufacture a citation.

This process bothers me a bit. I feel that if I post some findings of my own
to this list and they are debated that has to count as "peer review".
Frankly I also feel that if I try something out in my bedroom studio and it
works, then I send code demonstrating my new findings to a relevant list for
others to try it too that counts as "a scientific experiment". A modest one,
likely not a "noteworthy" one but still.

Wikipedia seems to have a rather fetishistic obsession with printers, paper
and postage stamps. Almost magical properties are attributed to those. Oh,
well....

Yours,
Kas.