Re: [livecode] nominated for deletion on wikipedia

From: thephantom mailbox <thephntm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 21:07:17 +0100

... as a newcomer to this scene, i had first discovered the group slub
(found in a real book (hardcopy), "the cambridge companion" as far as i
remember)...last year. Which then led me to research about livecoding on
internet. I have to admit that the wiki page was intrumental in my
discovering Toplap, (...its logo) and thru its hypertexts, slub (i f. I
would have found it from other sources anyway, as long as it came up in
search engines under keywords such as "computer music, experimental
music..." etc. )

But personally, i use the wiki as a reference for more conventional stuff
than livecoding.

for me, the more underground it stays, the better (...more valued it'd
be)... big media is bound to take it up more and more anyway, as the scene
becomes bigger. As far as the brand Toplap is concerned, the reputation
would depend on the quality of work, production, innovation : (wiki or no
wiki) :P

so carry the fire, says i !

--
official site : http://thephantom-site.com/