Re: [livecode] code and beats?

From: alex <alex_at_lurk.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 23:44:04 +0000

2009/12/28 Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>:
> http://codeandbeats.com/
>
> That popped up in my facebook stream. The strange thing is that I never
> heard of any of these people (while our world seems quite small) yet this
> sounds like a very similar if not identical mode of performance to ours.
> Interestingly their way of describing their events is quite different from
> the typical toplap one.

I hadn't heard of them before, their first event is on the 29th so not
surprising really. AFAICT the idea is for a dozen programmers to do
some work on their startups in an shared office with a DJ playing
music for them, and other people invited to watch. They seem to be
turning everyday commercial programming into performance art in some
way. Could be interesting or could just be an office space marketing
exercise.

http://yaxu.org/