Re: [livecode] code and beats?

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 05:30:10 +0100

Alex;

I hadn't heard of them before, their first event is on the 29th so not
> surprising really. AFAICT the idea is for a dozen programmers to do
> some work on their startups in an shared office with a DJ playing
> music for them, and other people invited to watch. They seem to be
> turning everyday commercial programming into performance art in some
> way. Could be interesting or could just be an office space marketing
> exercise.

I hope pictures or recordings will surface, maybe we are lucky and somebody
on the list went in person? I'm a bit fascinated by this, not in the least
because of how the marketing is written; it seems targeted at a somewhat
affluent but quite mainstream audience. The elements seem quite disjointed
to me, which also makes it interesting.

Maybe what is really going on is that this is some sort of modern dating
experiment to link party goers (who might have a big social life and little
money) to upstart programmers (for which the reverse could be true)? That
would explain how the partygoers would "bring sex to their syntax". I
suppose there might be a market for that, but it also seems like a sure-fire
recipe for lots of disasters.

Yours,
Kas.